Signs That You Have Clog Inside Drain Line
It is essential to understand that regular home maintenance is not as simple as owning an apartment or condominium. You will have numerous responsibilities that you should deal with promptly to reduce potential accidents and expensive problems.
We tend to overlook some parts of our homes, including drain lines, which are essential systems that keep our waste outside our homes.
Therefore, you should conduct regular inspections by finding a professional plumber to determine the current situation with plumbing.
By being proactive, you can prevent thick blockages that can lead to water backup, leakage, and other issues to get money out of your pockets.
Therefore, if you have issues like this and would need professional services for a blocked drain Bognor Regis area, we recommend checking out a link we shared with you.
In the further article, we wish to present you signs that tell you when to conduct drain cleaning as soon as possible.
Signs That You Should Conduct Professional Drain Cleaning
- Slow Drains – You should watch your laundry room, bathroom, and kitchen for slow drainage, which is a common sign that you have issues inside of it. In most cases, it means that you have a clog that happened due to grease, soap, hair, and other objects that can be stuck within pipes. It is vital to make sure that you take care of this particular problem before it becomes more significant than before.
- Thick Clogs – You can handle some maintenance by yourself by using a drain snake that will help you deal with small clogs and blockages. However, if you neglect this particular problem for a long time, it may result in thick and complete blockages that will lead to standing water in the sink and shower. We recommend you avoid using drain cleaners and chemicals too much because they can cause severe damage to pipes, which is why it is much better to find the closest plumber and call right away.
- Frequent Clogs – In case you have to conduct cleaning frequently, it means that you have a severe buildup within your pipes. Generally, buildup implies that something has stuck inside, which you will not handle with over-the-counter chemicals you can find in the closest hardware store. Instead, we recommend finding an expert who will use the hydro-jetting method to deal with this problem.
- Foul Odors – If you have noticed a foul smell from drains, it is a sign that you should conduct a thorough cleaning. It does not matter whether it happened due to your food waste or any other reason because the bad smell will only persist and become more substantial if you neglect it. Therefore, it is way better to find professional help to remove the unwanted issues within the pipes.
- Noise – Another common sign that you have drain issues is the noise you will hear from pipes after flushing or showering. It is an indication that water cannot get out properly and clearly, which means that you have a blockage within lines. Even though you can try to handle it with a DIY snake, you should find someone with proper equipment if the problem persists.
Things to Know About Drain Cleaning
Generally, clogs tend to happen due to numerous reasons depending on your actions and circumstances. It usually happens when you decide to pour the fat into a sink, which will cool down while inside the pipes and cause a blockage.
Besides, hair, soap scum, hard water, and food particles can also lead to blockages that will lead to standing water. It will happen even if you pay attention, which is why you need to conduct an annual inspection and maintenance.
It is much better to be proactive than reactive, especially for your pockets. As soon as the plumber reaches your household, he/she will be able to find a blockage and determine its severity.
An inspection and diagnosis are essential before dealing with an issue, so they will use specialized equipment to remove any obstruction no matter how severe it is.
We recommend avoiding purchasing these tools and doing it yourself because a single mistake can lead to horrible consequences.
Simultaneously, plumbers have to undergo training to get certifications, which means that they know about the latest technologies and have the experience to handle the thickest problems.
Even though you probably think that you can use chemicals from the store to dissolve clogs, it is possible to do it if the problem is small. However, it is not a great option in the long run because it features abrasive properties that will damage your piping system.
The best way to learn more about de-clogging your drain is by checking here for more information.
We recommend installing a drain screen in your shower, which will help you determine and notice any soap, dirt, hair, and scum that can lead to blockage.
Even though you can deal with small issues by using natural remedies such as a combination of vinegar and baking soda, it is vital to plan regular maintenance, which will be less expensive than dealing with severe problems.
If you have problems with a large and thick clog, a plumber will use a drain snake or motorized auger. In case you decide to use a motorized auger by yourself, the process may damage your pipelines, which is why you should let professionals handle everything.
We recommend you to check out these signs from time to time, and as soon as you notice them, you should do something about them before it gets too late.